Thursday, April 21, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday--Antique Toys


     I remember these tiny toys as a child.  They were part of the train display under our Christmas tree back in the 1950's.  The two little buildings are made of wood and the tiny doll is porcelain with a hand crochet or tatted dress.  Back in the 50's there were several additional dolls.  In particular, I can remember one with a little bonnet.  Over the years, only these three items remain.



     I do not know the date these were made.  There are no makers marks on the buildings or the doll.  My mother once told me that she could remember them when she was a child and that her father also used them as decorations under the Christmas tree.  Perhaps that was the reason they also found their way under my childhood tree.
 
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. All comments are welcome; however, if they are inappropriate, they will not be published. 

 PLEASE post your e-mail in the comment section if you would like to network about a particular surname or topic. I will capture it for my use only and not include it when I publish your comment.
© 2011, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser


No comments:

Post a Comment